Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Catching Up Again





The year is winding down and so are my pre Christmas projects. I finally conceded the fact that I wasn't going to do all the things that I thought I would get to. But that's fine because when I do get to them after the start of the new year, I will have a renewed enthusiasm. I am looking forward to that. I have started a new list of things to do in the coming year.
I made lots of holiday things for consignment and returned some things that didn't find homes last year. And to my surprise, some of the "leftovers" were the first to sell. It just takes the right customer to find it and love it and call it theirs.
I did indeed finish the batik baby quilt and it turned out just the way I pictured it would. And I am pleased with the finished quilt. I would almost ... emphasis on almost, be tempted to make one for my own bed but I don't think that will happen! LOL
I have continued to visit the library regularly and have read 104 books so far this year. And the count continues. Along the way I have discovered some authors that I had not previously read: Lee Childs, Elin Hilderbrand, Kristen Hannah, Alex Kava, Stuart Woods, and Mariah Stuart to name a few. So my reading list continues to grow.
On the agenda for the new year are Christmas stockings for the newest grandbabes, finish hooking the current rug so that I can move onto the next one that I am anxious to start, continue learning to spin. I bought a drop spindle a few months ago so will teach myself how to use it. I know there's more but can't think of them at the moment.
With the coming of the winter months, I hope to be more consistent with my blogging. We'll see!

No comments: